The Wolf Whisperer (by Alexander Novoselov)
31 Favorite Horror Movies
Directed by Drew Goddard
- Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of….am I on speakerphone? - Mordecai
- These fucking zombies. Remember when you could just throw a girl in a volcano? - Hadley
- You’ve seen horrible things, an army of nightmare creatures. But they are nothing compared to what came before, what lies below. It’s our task to placate the ancient ones, as it’s yours to be offered up to them. Forgive us and let us get it over with. - The Director
- Cutting the flesh makes him have a husband’s bulge. - Marty
- An army of nightmares, huh? Let’s get this party started. - Dana
- No, society is binding. Right? It’s filling in the cracks with concrete. Everything’s filed or reported, logged, right? Chips in our kids heads so they won’t get lost. Society needs to crumble. We’re all just too chicken shit to let it. - Marty
- The movie’s opening was a deliberate attempt by filmmakers Drew Goddard and Joss Whedon to confuse the audience and make them think they walked in to see the wrong movie.
- The thermal coffee mug/bong was a fully functional mug and bong as portrayed in the film, the prototype of which cost $5000 to make.
- Much of Drew Goddard’s inspiration for this movie came from his own upbringing in Los Alamos, New Mexico, a place filled with scientists and co-workers all going about their business and living seemingly routine and ordinary lives even though they were building nuclear weapons that could potentially destroy the entire world. He talks about this in DVD special features interviews and commentary.
- Fran Kranz received extensive prop and behavior training in order to capture the stoner persona of Marty. He received a two-hour joint rolling session and a separate bong lighting session from expert consultants. In addition to the famous travel-mug bong, a number of more subtle marijuana paraphernalia appear in the film. These include Marty’s stash, his secret stash, a smaller pipe, a ‘tulip-joint’, and a joint kept in the pocket of his pants. The prop crew even designed the film’s own brand of rolling papers, ‘Smiling Buddha’ papers.
- The Latin that Dana reads from the diary is: “Dolor supervivo caro. Dolor sublimus caro. Dolor ignio animus.” It means: Pain outlives the flesh. Pain raises the flesh. Pain ignites the spirit.
- The entry date in the book they read from is April 4th. That is the same day that the George Orwell novel “1984” begins.
- Among the possible choices on the facility’s betting board are the following: Werewolf, Alien Beast, Mutants, Wraiths, Zombies, Reptilius, Clowns, Witches, Sexy Witches, Demons, Hell Lord, Angry Molesting Tree, Giant Snake, Deadites, Mummy, The Bride, The Scarecrow Folk, Snowman, Dragonbat, Vampires, Dismemberment Gobllins, Sugarplum Fairy, Merman, The Reanimated, Unicorn, Huron, Sasquatch/Wendigo/Yeti, Dolls, Zombie Redneck Torture Family, The Doctors, Jack O’ Lantern, Giant, Twins and Kevin.
- Just as the gods approach the surface, Dana and Marty are sitting between the monoliths of The Virgin (representing Dana) and The Fool (representing Marty).
My neck, My back, My Netflix and my snacks.
I have peanuts haha